Let your voice be heard! Contact your representatives today like Reno People First member Chris Ripke did. Here are some of his response letters.
Don’t know who your representatives are? Click here. On the right side you will see a link to Who’s My Legislator. Click on that and it will show you how to find your state and federal representatives and how to contact them.
Tips for Writing a Letter or E-mailing Your Senator:
- Always include your name and address in the letter.
- State your purpose for writing in the first sentence of the letter. Be specific. For example: I am writing to urge your support for [state what you want support for].
- If your writing about a specific piece of legislation, include the bill number and title.
- Be courteous.
- Include personal information about why the issue matters to you to make your point.
- Keep it short – one page if possible and address only one issue in each letter or email.
- Thank the person you are writing to for considering your position.
You can also contact Reno People First member Chris Ripke at email@example.com for help with writing a letter or email. Chris will be glad to assist you.